House ref. no. 130 (16 nam. Republiky), one of the most prominent in the city. A single-storey corner building with Renaissance masonry, it was restored in Baroque style (the portal) in the early 18th century, rebuilt in French Imperial style in 1834 and given the Renaissance side portal with ref. no. 228.
Around 1600 the writer-astronomer and producer of almanacs, Kaspar Ladislav Stehlik, lived in the house. In 1648 Colonel Lacron stayed here: he carried out work on the new Plzen fortifications.
Up to 1833 there was a customs office in the building and, after modification, the regional authorities moved here.
After 1910 the ground floor was modified to make shops.
Buildings on the south side of the square represent the best preserved part of the square - they are Renaissance, Baroque and some have French Imperial modifications.
Copyright © 2002 City of Plzen. All Rights Reserved.