The former water tower (Prazska Street no. 19) was built in 1532 for the then city waterworks.
At the same time it was constructed as a component part of the city's fortifications and Prague Gate.
After 1822 it had a storey added in French Imperial style; a late Gothic portal was placed here in 1912, this dating from around 1500 and coming from the demolished house ref. no. 197 in Presovska Street (Presovska ulice). There is a commemorative plaque on the tower to the well-known physician, Dr. Josef Skoda, a professor at Vienna University, who was born in the house next door 10.12.1805.
Copyright © 2002 City of Plzen. All Rights Reserved.