"Gerlach House" (Gerlachovsky dum) ref. no. 344 (Drevena Street no. 4) ranks among the most interesting buildings in Plzen.
It has two storeys with a high gable and late Gothic portal, next to which is an attractive Baroque portal linked to the passageway. The original Gothic building was purchased by Jan Merlian who rebuilt it in Renaissance style in 1575.
It was obtained in 1694 by Jakub Auguston and he modified it to its present form.
In 1913 the house was renovated for the Ethnographic Museum and was later linked with house ref. no. 106 (Chotesovsky) on the Square of the Republic (namesti Republiky).
The composer Jan Gerlach lived here in the 19th century and the house is named after him.
Copyright © 2002 City of Plzen. All Rights Reserved.