House ref. no. 323 (33 nam. Republiky), now the Central Hotel, formerly an inn.
In 1634 General Octavio Piccolomini stayed here and, in the service of Vienna, was observing Albrecht von Wallenstein.
In 1823 Czar Alexander stayed here. In the 1830s the building belonged to V. Mirvald, an initiator in the founding of the city brewery in 1839.
The building was demolished in 1968 and in its place, as well as in the place of further buildings ref. nos. 229-233, the present-day hotel was built (completed 1972), which does not fit in entirely well with the style of the square.
Copyright © 2002 City of Plzen. All Rights Reserved.